Originally built in 1834, three single family brownstones sat at the corner of 17th and Irving Place. Over the years, the corner brownstone was torn down and a small apartment building was built in its place. The two remaining brownstones have stood the test of time, and they now create The Inn. While once combined as a single family home, the brownstones also housed everything from apartments, The Ingersol Mens Club, a Speak Easy, and a Beauty Parlor and Day Spa. After completion of a three year renovation, The Inn at Irving Place opened its door in December of 1994.