Originally built in 1834, three
single family brownstones sat at the corner of 17th and Irving
Place. Over the years, the corner brownstone was torn down and a
small apartment building was built in its place. The two
remaining brownstones have stood the test of time, they now
create The Inn. While once combined as a single family home, the
two brownstones also housed everything from apartments, The
Ingersol Mens Club, a Speak Easy, Beauty Parlor and Day Spa.
After completion of a three year renovation, The Inn at Irving
Place opened its door in December of 1994.